The Ultimate Vacation Destination
Whether you want to fish, sail, canoe, paddle boat, camp or picnic, LAKE JULIAN, open daily year around, is a great family recreational park located at the south edge of Asheville NC. Lake Julian is a deep lake about a mile long and .3 to .5 miles wide. Due to its use as a cooling agent for our local Carolina Power & Light electric company located on its shore, the Lake Julian is a “thermal” lake staying warm even during the winter months. Some of the best fishing and bird watching is from October through March where you can expect to find catfish, bass, bluegill, crappie and Tilapia. A local $3 lake fishing permit is required. For a reasonable fee, you may rent a fishing boat or launch your own (only electric motors allowed - gasoline motors are prohibited). Rent one of their big pavilions with plenty of picnic tables for family reunions or large group gatherings.
Website for daily hours and rental rates: http://www.buncombecounty.org/common/parks/LakeJulianBrochure.pdf
Address: 75 Long Shoals Road, Asheville NC
Directions to Lake Julian Park: From Asheville take Exit #37 off Interstate 26 E. Turn left onto Long Shoals Road. Go 1.1 mile to a light signal & turn right on Overlook Ext. The park entrance is .1 mile.
Reviewed by Stephanie Joy Johnson, www.AshevilleVacationHomes.com for luxury Asheville and Hendersonville vacation rental cabins, cottages, chalets and homes. We are authorized Biltmore Estate ticket distributors. Buy your discounted BILTMORE HOUSE TICKETS from us…save money, no waiting in line and tickets are good for TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS instead of just one at their higher price one day price!
Asheville Vacation Homes
- Asheville NC
- Biltmore Estate
- Biltmore Village
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Clothing Stores
- Flat Rock NC
- Fletcher NC
- Grocery Store
- Health Food Store
- Hendersonville NC
- Hiking Trails
- Home Furnishings Stores
- Horseback Riding
- Movie Theater
- Outdoor Activities
- Vacation Rentals
- Wearable Art
- It’s Show Time! North Carolina Mountain Spring Flowering Shrubs and Trees
- Unusual Ice Storm in Asheville and Hendersonville NC Creates Beautiful Ice Sculptures February 05, 2010
- Snow Scenes at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina
- Reserve Now for Your Summer Vacation Rental Cabin, Cottage, Chalet or Home in Asheville, North Carolina from www.AshevilleVacationHomes for the Best Choice in Vacation Luxury!
- Asheville Vacation Homes of North Carolina is the Top Choice for Vacation Rental Cabins, Chalets, Cottages and Homes in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina!